2.02.2011

Norwalk

Most of you who read this blog probably already know that since we have been back home from Utah (4 1/2 weeks) that Jeff has been living in Norwalk for his pediatric rotation during the week and coming home on the weekends. Bleh. I miss him when he doesn't come home. Well, I decided to quit talking about going down there for a visit and actually went down after work on monday afternoon to spend the night with him. When it took me 25 minutes to drive 2 blocks to get from the hospital parking lot to the entrance of the freeway I got a little worried that with all the ailments (ie. weather, traffic, etc.) that I would not make it down there but lucky for me it was a straight shot after I got onto the 95. The drive was really pretty and I pulled into his apartment across from the hospital just before it got dark and got to have a little look around.
We went on a special field trip to Stew Leonard's. It is an awesome homegrown, fresh, huge dairy grocery store. I don't know how else to describe it but that it's pretty sweet for a grocery store and was even featured on the tv show Ripley's Believe It or Not. It comes complete with what I would call a cross of Disneyland's Splash Mountain and Chuckee Cheese characters who sing and dance about fresh milk/produce. LOL Anyway it was so cool, their food all completely fresh and most home produced and very reasonably priced and I can't help but wish that there was one a lot closer to us, I would be there everyday. Ha



We picked up a red box and went back to his ghetto little apartment that he is living in. I had to take pictures because it was too good not to. The place is straight from the 70's, I was loving it.









We had dinner and watched half the movie before falling asleep. Luckily, Jeff didn't have to work early and we got to have breakfast together before I dropped him across the street at the hospital and headed home for work. It was a fun little sleepover and nice to be with my man even if it was only for a night.
I think I'll go for another visit soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of the brown fridge. I had a yellow one just like about 7 years ago. I also had a microwave and stove to go with it!
    When Jeff is a PA and you are sitting by the beach with little chubby brown haired babies it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete