10.11.2012

Juice

*I realize I haven't posted anything more about the house. We love it and are spending our time (and all our $$) to make it beautiful. When it is ready, you will hear more about it.


Now on to our "juicy" new blog post. Jeff and I have started, as of today, Day 1 to be exact a 10 day juice cleanse. Jeff has been calling it a diet but I prefer to call it a cleanse. In fact, if you are wondering why we would ever do such a thing, our inspiration if you will, came from another documentary we watched recently. Get on Netflix and watch Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, it will answer all your questions and I'm guessing you will probably be joining us very soon. Maybe not, but I bet you will at least think about it.


Today was Day 1. We woke up and weighed ourselves, like I said we are not calling it a diet and that is not the reason we are doing the cleanse either but, if we happened to lose 5 or 10 or 15 lbs, I don't think either of us would complain. :)

We started off breakfast with a simple and super delicious,

Carrot Fruit Juice:

4 large carrots
2 apples

It was so yummy! I could drink that stuff all day.

Lunch is the one meal where neither Jeff and I are home so that makes juicing a bit difficult and without access to a fridge (Jeff) we just decided to forgo juicing for lunch (only on the weekdays) and just eat fresh fruits and veggies and nuts. It is a bit unconventional but you have to make it work for you and that's just what we are trying to do.

After starving and having a good but let's be honest, rough first day dinner was a juice called Lunch in a Glass. It sounded wholesome and filling.

Lunch in a Glass:

2 Tomatoes
2 Carrots
1/2 head of Cabbage
2 Celery Stalks
1 Broccoli head

It was anything but wholesome and feeling. In fact, it had a hard time wanting to stay in and fill by belly. I don't repeat, I DON'T recommend this "juice" to anyone! We drank half of it and out of determination to finish and not let it waste we juiced 2 granny smith apples to help it slide down the chute (and stay!) It didn't make it delicious but knowing the apples were in there just made me feel better. We decided no more full veggie juices for us, they definitely need to be supplemented with yummy juicy fruits.

Overall, Day One started strong, we felt weak in the middle of the day, determined at dinner and desperate just after. We have resolved to take it one juice 'meal' at a time and see it through for the full 10 days.

Let's hope Day 2 is a bit easier on the taste buds!

making breakfast


yummy Carrot Apple juice


Dinner



Don't let the smile on my face fool you, I'm about to cry out of dread!

Bottoms up


PS. a big Thank You to Dave and Becky for our Housewarming gift, a brand new shiny Jack La Lanne juicer!







No comments:

Post a Comment