3.22.2011

Fire in the hole

Actually to be honest it wasn't a hole so much as it was my OVEN.
That's right I set the oven on fire.
It looked a little soemthing like this.

I don't just mean I burned something and set the fire alarm off, I mean when I opened the oven door there were large red and orange FLAMES jumping out.
If I hadn't of been so panicked I might have even cooked myself a SMORE but instead I slammed the door shut, cursed out loud and turned the oven off. My heart was racing but I just stood there hoping the house wouldn't catch on fire. The fire alarm went off and snapped me back into, I opened the door a second time to see if it magically put itself out only to find it had gotten bigger and my house was filling with thick black smoke. So I grabbed the oven mitt in one hand, turned the water on full blast and armed myself with the sprayer, I threw open the oven door and just started spraying!
I went from cooking dinner, to full panic mode, almost tears, to putting out a fire and when all was said and done I did what I always do when I realize no harm was actually done and I dodged a bullet- I burst into a fit of giggles. Ugh. I wish I knew why I did that so I could stop it from happening.
As for the oven it was just fine and cooked my dinner perfectly later. The house, smelt terrible, still does. (I had to tell Jeff the whole story on our way home from the train station so he would know why the house was engulfed in a black smoke cloud.)
And let's just say I've learned my lesson about broiling things that probably shouldn't be broiled.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly why I let Chris do all the cooking. I can barely keep track of my car keys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris wants to know why you grabbed the camera and not a bucket of water.

    He's not the smartest but i still love him

    ReplyDelete