5.13.2011

Visit from my mama

At exactly the halfway mark of the longest month of my life (Jeff being in Utah) my mom came out to spend the week with me. It was the best kind of "hump day" treat. We drove all around town, or towns, as in Hamden, North Haven and New Haven. My favorite was trying to explain the roads and listen to her to try keep track of where we were and how we got there. We shopped, visited, went to the orchards, had movie nights, spent a glorious day at the park reading and having a picnic and spent all day Sunday teaching(mom) and learning(cass) how to use my new pressure cooker, a gift from my mother. It was a perfect and much needed week and I was so happy to see her and be able to show her our life out here in New England.

The week in pictures, in no particular order...
Never been worn Aldo shoes I bought at the good will for $7 Steal!
Mom's cute new shirt!
East Rock Park
Mom eating her first meatball sub and Canoli
10 bottles of pork all done
10 bottles of chicken "going in"
My sweet new toy
Thanks for coming mom! It was a great week, love you!

*only 6 more days until Florida and 7 til I get my man back!

1 comment:

  1. That STINKS that you and your hubby have had to be apart for a month. Why so long? I am so excited for you that you get to go to Florida and be reunited with your hubby there. What a fun treat!! I wish we could go and play with you guys. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete