6.20.2011

0 to 60...

Never mind the fact that Jeff will be turning 28 tomorrow, we channeled our not so inner children and planned an excellent birthday party for my big kid.
Can you say Go-Karting?

It was pretty sweet, we had a great turn out of friends and classmates. Thanks everyone for coming! I spent 3 hours the night before satisfying my baking obsession. I made 3 dozen cupcakes, 3 different kinds and frostings all from scratch. I was quite pleased with the turn out and even more happy with the rave reviews I got the next day.
Banana, Grasshopper mint and Peanut Butter Cup
Jeff scored some sweet treats of his own, he became the lucky owner of his very own Justin Beiber "barbie" doll and wall poster! Oh boy was he excited. Giggled like a school girl he did. Our party guests were also treated to a little grab bag full of only the best dollar store race cars of their own, bouncy balls, playdough, wheel yo-yos, and plenty of sweets.
Cupcakes and goodie bags




It was a very fun day and the competition was pretty fierce out there on the track. There was some trash talk of course, friendly wagers and of course a fair share of spin outs and close calls. I guess I liked the feel of the wind in my hair a little too much and received a warning that I would get thrown out if I drove recklessly again after smashing into the wall and having to be pulled out. Whooops!


















We found ourselves out to dinner with our party goers to Sliders for some famous wings. They treated the birthday boy and his cupcake making lady, thanks for dinner friends! And a Happy Almost Birthday Jeff!


2 comments:

  1. happy birthday Jeff! Missing you around the frat house. Love the do Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! You are such a good wife, Jeff is a lucky man.
    Happy Bday to Jeff!

    ReplyDelete