11.09.2011

Day 2 Niagara Falls, the iPhone 4S and onto Chicago

We woke up early saturday morning and headed to Niagara Falls. It was another very wet, windy and cold day, but we soon learned the weather was nothing compared to the falls. We left looking and feeling a bit like wet rats but that didn't stop our (and by our I mean Jeff's) hehe determination to get the new iPhone 4S. We stopped at the Buffalo mall on our way back from the Falls and about 2 hours, lunch and a new phone later we headed back to Manzanares's home to pack up once again and hit the road. We pulled out at 4pm and had a 10 hour drive to Chicago ahead of us, if that gives you any sense of how we were feeling.
We pulled off the road to a little place called Kirtland, Ohio and walked into the visitor's center just 20 min shy of closing. They allowed us to watch a short film giving the history and then one of the elder missionaries was kind enough to let us go with him to lock up the buildings and gave us a short personal tour. It was pretty cool, we went into the Newel K. Whitney store, where Joseph and Emma lived for a short time above the store and also to the Newel K. Whitney home where Joseph and Emma also lived for a short time. Both places where Joseph smith received personal revelation that we now find in the Doctrine and Covenants. We drove by the temple and took some pictures before getting back on the road.
Around 1030 we passed a cop sitting in the median lane and I of course did a quick glance to my speedometer but I was keeping up with traffic and new I wouldn't get pulled over. An hour later however, I had just happened to glance in my drivers' side mirror and saw flashing lights. I said, "oh crap!" and that woke Becky right up! I told her she better text Jeff and tell him to pull over and wait for us. The officer asked me if I was moving once he walked up and took inventory of the car, I told him yes from CT and he asked me to explain my UT license plates. I gave him the readers digest version of the story and when he asked who I had in the car with me I told him my mother-in-law. He told me very nicely he had only pulled me over to tell me my plate light was out and it was only a warning to get it fixed. He took my registration back to his car, meanwhile by the time Jeff believed us and pulled over he was a few miles ahead. The cop came back and said, "ma'am I gotta go, here's your warning." And just like that he was passing us, lights and sirens. So Jeff is there waiting for us and a cop comes to his window and says, "you're not broken down are you? Actually you are waiting for your wife huh? Yeah, I just pulled her over, she'll be here in a minute." And before Jeff even has a chance to answer he's gone!
That woke us all up and we FINALLY pulled into Winnetka around 1:30 am.



The American Falls on the left

Umm...

Maid of the Mist
American Falls



Canadian Falls
It was a bit more than misty if we're being honest

Canada

USA
Our faces pretty much sum it all up. It's a once in a lifetime sorta thing



1 comment: