5.07.2012

Update

 A lot has been happening here in the Seare house over the last couple of weeks which can explain for the absence of updates on our blog. Here is a quick run down of what we have been up to:

-Scout lost his first baby tooth (on his own) we won't forget about the 4 to 6 to 8? we don't really know, that he had pulled. I put it under his pillow and the puppy tooth fairy payed him in cheerios.


-We also ventured out to another dog park that everyone was telling us about, turns out it's not as great as everyone said but we did manage to get some pictures with this big guy. Only after I picked Scout up and carried him over, as you can see from the photos he was not so sure about it.



-2 Saturdays ago we spent about 3.5 hours washing, waxing and polishing the 4-Runner. She looks beautimus now! Lucky for us the neighbor kids came over and entertained Scout while we worked.





 



















-Jeff and I have been watching a lot of documentaries and doing some homework on our food system and government regulations which are awful by the way. We are slowly (as time, energy and $$) will allow making the switch to organic, homegrown and local foods. If you are interested in learning about what we have log onto Netflix and watch some of the documentaries they have on there. We have watched most of them and they are all very good, true and educational. Eating is something we must do to sustain life on a daily basis, it's sickening to know that most of us don't know where our food is coming from and what happened to it before we buy it, take it home and feed it to our families. Anyway, enough of the soapbox.

-I made some dang good buttermilk biscuits and gravy for my hubby, mom and aunt and Jeff said they were the best biscuits he has ever had. Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested, I have already had a few requests so this will make it easy and available for everyone.



1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick real butter)
2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
additional Self-rising flour
(for counter surface to knead dough)
2 tablespoons melted butter

*If you do not have self rising flour, you can make your own using all purpose flour. To make your own self rising flour, simply add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt for EACH Cup of all purpose flour. 
* If you do not have buttermilk, you can make your own using vinegar or lemon juice. 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to make 1 cup. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.


Cut butter with a sharp knife or pastry blender into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle butter slices over flour in a large bowl. Toss butter with flour. Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. (I used my hands) Cover and chill 10 minutes. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times, gradually adding additional flour as needed. With floured hands, press or pat dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Sprinkle top of dough with additional flour. Fold dough over onto itself in 3 sections, starting with 1 short end. (Fold dough rectangle as if folding a letter-size piece of paper.) Repeat entire process 2 more times, beginning with pressing into a 3/4-inch-thick dough rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Press or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place, side by side, on a parchment paper-lined or lightly greased jelly-roll pan. (Dough rounds should touch.) Bake at 450° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
Prep: 20 min., Chill: 10 min., Bake: 13 - 15 min.



-My mom and aunt came down to spend one night with us and it was so fun. I am so glad they came. We relaxed and caught up, took them to Trader Joes which they both loved and we even got to walk through the short sale we have under contract with them. They both loved it naturally. Jeff and my mom just happened to be twinners on saturday in their plaid shorts. 



-While shopping for a baby gift for my Cousin Kylie I came across something that I couldn't resist so I bought it. After taking it home, I timidly showed Jeff who was not mad by the way but did tell me it was a bit premature. I know, I know. And no we are not pregnant and NOT trying. Just couldn't pass up this darling romper for our future babies.







so sweet right? 






















-I am going back to school. It's exciting, scary and dreadful all rolled into one. I have had some issues so far with credits transferring and all that jazz but we are trying to work it out. I am still hoping to do nursing but will not compromise on starting almost half of my pre recs over if they don't transfer so i have been exploring other options as well. I won't know for 8-10 weeks so until then I am hoping for the best and planning on nursing. Here's hoping it all works out!


 -Jeff and I have joined a team with our cousin's Carissa and Brandon and will be running in the Vegas Ragnar in November. Our team name is Mustache Mafia and I have been "shopping" for some awesome t-shirts for the team, this is one of my favorites. We are excited for the event, now for the training... haha


-No word yet on the house, we have had a few bumps in the road but it has been resolved. But I have stopped calling it our house just in case things don't turn out the way we like and we lose it. Ah, the joys of short- sales. There's not a thing that's short about them! 


Anyway, that's the gist of what we have been up to over the last few weeks along with the regular work day. Hopefully things will slow down here a bit and I will be able to stay on top of the blog again. Until then...






No comments:

Post a Comment