7.15.2012

MT. Charleston

Jeff and I both snagged a new pair of Keens for our birthdays (early birthday for me) and we decided to go break them in and explore Mount Charleston. We headed out early Saturday morning with Scout in tow and hiked up to Mary Jane's Waterfalls. It was beautiful and because of the rainy weekend, the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The hike was about 6 miles round trip and I only had to carry Scout for about 5 minutes the whole way, he was loving it.

(Scout is in the middle bottom of the photo, peeking our from behind the rock)




 The falls, it was more of a strong trickle but we'll take it




Dirty and happy little puppy



 A day in the cool mountains and away from everything else was just what the PA ordered and we are already planning our return trip, this time we will camp for the weekend.


This was our sweet boy on the ride home. All tuckered out from his hike. 





How can you not love that sweet face?



After hiking some mud football took place, I did not participate having already showered. It looked fun but after someone sliced their foot open on some glass in the mud, I was pretty happy I decided to stay clean. (The PA on site stitched her up) Scout loved every minute of it. It was his best day to date I'm sure.



The sky on our way home





No comments:

Post a Comment