3.13.2010

Showered with Love

I was very privileged to have my first bridal shower today. Ah, that still feels weird saying but I love it :) My bridal shower. Yeah, yeah I like that a lot. Anyway, I have 2 of the Best sisters any girl could ever ask for. Seriously, I am who I am because of their love, support and influence in my life and they love me enough to throw me the biggest, cutest, most thoughtful and fun bridal shower. We had it at my sister Abbie's church and it was decorated to the nines. Ivory and chocolate brown ribbons, table cloths, balloons, beautiful printed and framed pictures of Jeff and I on each table. Guests were greeted by yours truly and a table where they dropped off their recipes, filled out an envelope with their addresses for thank you cards that were to be put in a drawing as well as picked up bags of creamy dreamy chocolates.

We had a delicious and beautiful array of salads, pasta salads, fruit, veggies and desserts. It was both visually and tastefully? tastefully? hmm... stimulating. It was a combined shower with all 3 sides of my family and it was so fun and nice to be able to make the rounds to each table and visit and see them all. Unfortunately we are all so busy and spread across a few counties that we see our extended family at all the major holidays and life events and very seldom in between so I was so happy to have time to spend with them. My sister-in-law Jill was even sweet enough to drive all the way down in the snow to come. I was so excited to see her and get to introduce her to my family. Thank you Jill for coming, meant so much to me!

I have such a loving, giving family and Jeff and I were showered with many many gifts and gift cards. It was overwhelming the wonderful things we received, I am so thankful. I got (We got) a beautiful, slick and shiny black new Kitchenaid! Ah, I am so excited to get it out and start baking up a storm! (I may even have to open it up before we get to CT and just test it out) It's even the commercial size! Awww yeah! We also got so many gift cards that will come in handy when we are setting up our new home. Thank you family! We love you!

I of course, didn't have my camera out and don't have any pictures so those are on their way when I can download them from my sister's camera but for now you will just have to take my advice that is was a beautiful shower! I am so thankful for both my sisters and my mom who did so much work and planning for it. Love you guys so much! Thank you for a wonderful shower and day :) I am really blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment