3.25.2010

Unexpected Blessings

For those of you who know the whole story of Jeff and I you know that I have not yet met my future in-laws yet. (in person that is)Let me explain...

Jeff and I began dating only a few months before he left for school in May of last year and we did so in secret. We didn't know what was going to happen after he left nor did we want rumors or our situation, whatever it was at the time to be broadcast around the water cooler at work. As much as we love our coworkers, it was not going to happen! So when things became more serious for us after he left for school, unfortunately his parents had already left as well.. to Fiji! On a mission.

When we were engaged a few months later I was a mystery girl! haha I officially talked to my future in-laws over the phone and then got to know them over the next couple months through ichat and email. Although it was nice to see them and talk to them it still left a lot to be desired and even though I had met Becky 2 very briefly at the hospital where Jeff and I worked we still considered each other as having never met.

So last week when Becky emailed me about my schedule the next week I was more than overjoyed and of course nervous to hear that she was accompanying a sick missionary back to SLC and would love to meet!

I officially met my mother-in-law on March 25. It was really such a blessing. I met her downtown at the hotel she was staying at and we did some shopping for the missionaries in Fiji, had dinner and spent the evening just gabbing and getting to know one another. It was so much fun! I was very nervous to meet her but the second I did I was at ease with her and she is such a sweetheart. She kept me laughing all night and I know where her boys get their sense of humor from. It was a blessing to meet her and I am so glad we had the opportunity to before the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment