3.13.2010

Spring break in CT

As all good vacations come to an end… mine did too. I am a mix of emotions as I think about the wonderful week I had the privilege of spending with my love. It was one of unexpected adventures, time spent with friends, apartment shopping, baby showers, exploring CT a little more, staying in and enjoying our time together, shopping for both rings and suits for Jeff and even an adventure into the big apple and Manhattan Temple. I wish I was better at remembering to keep my camera with me and take more pictures. That is something I’m working on but we did have a good time and if I had a picture of Jeff in his suit I would post it just so everyone can see how devilishly handsome he looks in it. I am one lucky girl that is for sure!

We got quite a lot done despite the Emergency room visit turned 3 day hospital stay that started our time together. Just glad Jeff is doing better! He is a tough guy. I did have the privilege of driving for the time he was in the hospital and a few days following while he was still on painkillers and it turned out to be a very good thing. I feel confident about finding my way around Hamden and was doing better everyday driving us around where we needed to go without too much verbal direction from Jeff. That is a wonderful thing and I look forward to getting to know the rest of CT as well.



Wednesday Jeff and I headed to NY to hang out and stay the night with some friends in White Plains. Thursday we got up and headed in the city to do some baptisms at the Manhattan Temple. I love the Manhattan Temple, it is so cool and unique and while there Jeff and I talked about how cool it is no matter what temple you are in or what it looks like on the outside, you always enjoy the same feelings and spirit when you go inside. What an awesome thing! We did some baptisms and were even privileged enough to have the temple president come and do the ordinances with us, that was really cool. Sitting with Jeff in the temple I couldn’t help but to picture the next time we will go to the temple together and look forward to it even more. It is quite a funny thing stepping out of the temple and right into the chaos and wonder that is NYC, but very cool. I am glad we got the opportunity to go together!



As most of you know I don’t have the greatest track record when it comes to air travel. We’ll just leave it at that and say that after being stuck in traffic for close to 2 ½ hours and even being ‘blessed’ with a 50 minute flight delay I ran into the airport only for them to tell me I had missed my flight by minutes! Actually, I hadn't technically missed anything.. my plane was still sitting at the gate but they refused to issue me a boarding pass, so lucky for me after some haggling I was able to get another flight out of a different NY airport the next morning for FREE-NINETY-NINE and got to spend one more night with my man! (That sure makes missing your flight feel like a blessing instead of bad luck) we went back to Mark and Kaitlyns’ and enjoyed some dinner, ice cream and laughs. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip!

Just a quick shout out to my man.

Jeffrey,
So glad you are feeling better! Thank you for a fun trip and for always navigating and taking care of us! I appreciate it so much. You rock babe. LYG.
Jo

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a blog! It sounds like you made it back to UT safe and sound! I am glad we got to spend more time with you! In a blink of an eye your wedding day will be here! So exiting!

    ReplyDelete