4.25.2011

Just a few things

I just have a few things to say. Listen at your own discretion.

First of all, let me just say that this is going to be a long month of sleepless nights.

Let me explain.

All through high school and part way through college while I was living at home I shared a very generously sized california king sized bed with well, me, myself and I. It was great, I slept with all four limbs stretched out in various directions and still didn't come close to touching any edge of the bed. Because of this my room, my bed more specifically became the go to for sleepovers and we easily fit 5 girls including myself in there. For this reason I was also a little concerned with sleeping with someone and not disturbing them with gut kicks and face punches all night. But since being married I am somewhat of a mild sleeper and prefer to be cuddled up during all hours of the night. I have to be physically touching jeff in order to fall asleep. I also can't fall asleep until he has fallen asleep, which has it's own background story.
Jeff has this adorable and endearing involuntary twitching response when he falls asleep. The boy is lights out up there the second his head hits the pillow and usually falls asleep within literal seconds to minutes. This I know because it starts. Just a small twitch here and a small on there. Then as the minutes pass the twitching turns into jerking and then eventually kicking and one night I swear he did the wave with his arms before rolling over and really sawing logs. In the beginning I would laugh and quietly fall asleep only to be awoken by his most violent of twitches. It only took me a couple of times to train myself and now I can't fall asleep until his whole "episode" is through and I am certain he is still for the night. I love it. I laugh every night and then after and only after can I fall asleep.
Having worked saturday night and only sleeping 3 hours on sunday I was hoping to go to bed last night and get a solid 8 maybe 9+ hours before work today but even after I said goodnight and laid down I was wide awake for another hour and a half. I was tossing and turning and uncomfortable in every position. Hot and cold, you name it. It was only after I had talked to Jeff again with the promise that he would call again that I finally fell asleep. Ugh. I can't sleep without him.
Jeff on the other hand does not sleep well, well ever with me in the bed. He will probably be getting the best months sleep he's had since before we got married.

I do not understand the fascination with the royal wedding. I'm sorry but I don't and I don't care to know every tiny detail of what could or could not be a part of the whole shebang. And I definitely don't have any need to watch a lifetime movie about their whole relationship leading up to this wedding. They may be a future king and queen but they aren't mine.
I must say however that that Kate Middleton has some style. I wish Americans rocked hats like these.




Lovin it.

Today at work after going down to the gift shop to buy a paper for my PT I randomly bought an atomic fireball. What? Talk about going back to my elementary days. That first lick brought me back real fast and reminded me why I never have liked fireballs. I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to hot stuff and candy should not be hot. That's all I have to say about that.




I love kids and I love friends with kids. I love them a lot and don't know what I would do without them this year but I need some friends without kids. Know anyone? Preferrably someone not 3,000 miles away. Thanks.

I'm a nervous nelly, when I am alone that is. A few months ago we heard on a sunday night what we thought were gun shots right outside our apartment. (You never know out here, it can be pretty sketch) After calling the police, they told us they had gotten quite a few calls about the same thing and would check it out. We never heard anything so assumed it had to be something else and ever since I have been twice as jumpy.
Now that I am alone I walk through my house and turn on every last light as I go and when going to bed, I hit the light and make a mad leap to my bed. Just in case. It's totally normal.




Technology is awesome. Jeff and I skyped saturday while he was on his flight home. It was pretty noisy but really cool. It made coming home an exciting instead of dreaded thing knowing I was going to see and talk to him as soon as I got home.

My last thought of the day is how much I love wearing my husbands clothes. he he His sweats, slippers and all the above are just so much more comfortable than mine. Hmm... ;)

1 comment:

  1. We should be twins, I could have written this entire post! The twitching, sweet hubby, royal wedding crap(minus the awesome hats, that I wish we could wear and not look ridiculous), friends babies, and leaping into bed after the last lonely light goes out!! I wish we got to play more! Hope you have a lovely and romantical trip to Florida!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete