9.03.2011

Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene really freaked us (me) out but probably not in the way you would expect.. I wasn't so much worried about rain, flooding, being without electricity, food storage, etc. I was however, majorly stressing out over the fact that Irene was scheduled to hit the coast on saturday evening and all day sunday and we were scheduled to fly out of JFK the following monday. All I was thinking was hell or highwater, literally either way I was making that flight!
This was our "emergency" stash
Jeff getting ready to go out and move the car (we were parked under a large tree)

Our water supply, probably only would have kept us going for a day, maybe

We really lucked out in our area and were spared major flooding and damage, in fact it cleared up so early that I drove into work at 230 pm on sunday afternoon. I didn't care though, cause that just meant that our chances of getting out on time on monday were better, and we lucked out! We even departed JFK a few minutes early ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment