3.25.2013

Bench Re-do

We got this ugly cute bench with our bedroom set but it didn't quite fit in our room with everything else, so I stole it for the guest bedroom and spent a saturday re-doing it to match.


I unscrewed the top from bottom, I was lucky this bench was so easy to take apart


I saw this spray paint on Pinterest and decided to give it a try, the blogger says you don't need to sand the furniture first but I did a real quick (half-fast) sand job and wiped the legs down just to be safe


I bought my fabric and foam at Joanns. I used a 1.5" foam board but you could go as thick or thin as you wanted. I chose to do a smaller foam pad because I was just going to be adding to the cushion already on the bench. I wrapped it tight and used my new staple gun to secure it and then did the same
with the fabric. 






Wallah! Just like new. 




No comments:

Post a Comment