2.19.2010

Hawaii or bust.. or so I thought

This is the story of our engagement :)


A few months ago, I was sitting at work thinking how I would never make it until December when I would see Jeff next with nothing to look forward to in between when I got a phone call from my friend telling me she was taking me on a surprise girl's trip over Thanksgiving and I would need to take Monday-Friday off. Uh Hello! It's no Jeffrey but it will sure help to break up the wait, needless to say I had my whole week of shifts covered in under a half hour. I was giddy with excitement and was quickly relaying the whole thing over the phone to my guy who was more than excited for me.. He would be..

Now we all know how much I love surprises, Jeff does and he loves to give me little tid-bits of information that cause me to stay up at night thinking about them! So Erika gave me enough information about our trip to confuse the daylights out of a girl and keep my mind occupied for weeks. About 3 days before our girl's trip she told me we would be going somewhere warm and all I would need to pack was a light carry on with swimming suits. (Oh sure, no problem) I was going Mad not knowing where we could be heading and everyone was asking millions of questions I did not have the answers to. I was excited but was also very nervous and anxious to find out where our destination was. I was also busy thinking about where Jeff would be spending Thanksgiving and what it would be like. How badly I was wishing we could spend it together. Next year I told myself.

The day finally came and I was packing my bag just like erika told me. Bathing suits, some tank tops, flip flops, suntan lotion, the very basic needs. My family was all a buzz also anticipating the announcement of a destination. On our way to the airport Erika and Lisa finally told me where we were going for the week. Hawaii! Sweeet. I was stoked but had doubts of course about how my friend was affording this and where this little trip came from but as we were on our way to the airport and my bag was packed so I decided we must be going to Hawaii. Holla! I text everyone and started to get very excited.

We pulled up to the airport and parked. Lisa said she had to come in with us because our tickets were booked on her credit card, I thought that was strange but whatever I was going to Hawaii so whatever she had to do was fine by me. As we were walking into the airport Jeff called me and we started talking about Hawaii. He couldn't believe that's where we were going and just before we made it to security he told me he had something very important to ask me before I left, something very important about us that he had to ask right now.. I of course immediately was concerned but had no idea what he was going to ask. (Side note: While on the phone with jeff I just kept walking, straight for security. Walking walking, right past him!) All of a sudden there was a beautiful bouquet of 12 dozen long stem roses in front of my face and it was as if the lightbulb in my head turned on and then off in one quick moment. Everything made sense and yet I was so confused! Shock, I was in shock. I slowly turn around and saw that my Jeffrey is standing in all his handsome glory right in front of me handing me this bouquet of roses. Someone pinch me!!! I thought. He gave me a huge hug and as he started to get down on one knee I realized that this was really truly happening. I was trembling from head to toe and was completely speechless, lucky for both of us I somehow managed to say Yes! Then I kissed my guy! Oh did I kiss him :)














When I walked into that airport I was headed for Hawaii and when I walked out I had forgotten the whole reason I was there in the first place. I was both awed and shocked. I couldn't believe that Jeff had planned and kept such an elaborate engagement secret for months! I couldn't believe how many people knew and were in on it. It was the perfect engagement and I couldn't have dreamed it any better. I love my guy so much and most of all I couldn't believe that he was not only home but had come home to ask me to marry him. November 23, 2009 was an unforgettable day! Thank you, I love you Jeff!



PS. I didn't even have to wait until next year to spend Thanksgiving with my man and I have never been so thankful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment