9.07.2010

Hurricanes, Ferries, Friends, BBQin' and shopping. Our weekend in a nutshell!

We had so much fun last weekend! With me having to work every other weekend we really try to take advantage of our weekends off and last weekend was no exception. Saturday afternoon after deciding that hurricane Earl really wasn't a threat (the weather was perfect! and besides the 2.3 seconds when i thought the ferry might actually capsize, it was a lovely ride) we met our friends Mike and Melissa and their two tinies at the dock in Danbury where we proceeded to get on a ferry and take a ride/tour of the Thimble Islands. So cool! These Islands are very small most of them and are mainly granite rock, they are all privately owned and let me tell you these people have got the right idea! The houses were amazing and the location.. perfect! I don't think I would mind a house surrounded on all sides by water with no electronics (some of the houses got electricity for the first time last year) for a week.. or two.. heck I might never get off the island ;) Heres some pics cause I can't do it justice.




this house was incredible!


my new BF Hallie. Isn't she the cutest??? she sure makes it easier to be away from all our missed tinies back home!

s
must be tough! I wonder if my tennis skills would be any better if I played on a private island? haha

they told us this house has withstood winds of up to 120 mph. Umm... no thanks. I'll take the big house!

this looks like the party house/island to me


After sitting by the water for a bit we hit the road and headed a few more exits north to the outlet mall. Neither of us were really in the shopping mood but it was fun and mostly outside so we enjoyed the nice day and even better company of each other. Jeff did score a really good looking pair or courduroy pants from the gap for $10 holla!

We were planning to head to Sleeping Giant park for a little BBQ with ourselves but due to bad preparation, not having a grill, late timing, etc etc. We ended up at Wal mart with a $6 one time use (we think) or so it became charcoal grill. We took it home and set it all up, I was chopping vegetables and putting them on skewers when Jeff asked me to come out and watch him light it. I immediately turned around and walked right back in the door when the 3 foot flames got much too close for my comfort to our wooden stairs/banister! It was a real bust though cause the grill pretty much sucked so we settled for our george foreman to cook our skewers which were no longer skewers but just small random pieces of meat and veggies and then once again headed outside where the coals were just hot enough to cook us some smores! Yum!

sorry for the awful pics. I'm really only good for "point and shoot"

we were a little more than embarrassed at the sad sight we were. $6 grill=FAIL

I did the mallow roasting because it literally took so long Jeff's knees couldn't handle it

worth every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment