9.15.2010

Wild Goose Chase

Since I had to work the weekend (sat/sun) I wanted to do something extra fun with my man before-hand. I came up with a lovely idea and was quite pleased with how well it all fell into place. I had a lot of fun planning it out all week and just hoping it would all work like I had hoped. I made the menu, packed up all the stuff, made the clues and set them out in their places and then when Jeff was on his way home from work I quickly cooked the chicken for our sandwiches and put them together, packed up the rest of the food and hauled it all out to the car where I waited in secret for him to get home. I didn't want him to see the 4-runner gone and be suspicious so I hid out and as soon as he walked out of my sight and I knew he could no longer see me I cruised on out and went to the place that would be his final destination of the "scavenger hunt" I sent him on to find me.
I was so nervous waiting in the car and found myself giggling madly and getting quite jittery when he finally pulled up to our apartment place. I laughed all the way to the sleeping giant park as I thought of the confusion and excitement that must be ensuing in our place as he opened the door and found his first clue that read:

"Welcome home, come inside
this is a date of it's own kind.
But first it's me you must find.
Go to the place we sleep,
for inside your next clue it keeps!"

I had his clothes layed out on our bed and his next clue in the pocket of his sweater

"You did good! Now put these clothes on if you would.
Please do it with haste,
For it's time we don't want to waste.
Your next clue is waiting in a room that is HOT!
the smell you love but in the house it's not!!"

(Attached to the clue was a small envelope I folded that held the key to our laundry room)

The clue in the laundry room was decorated with a small clothesline with some socks, panties, and a t-shirt, did I mention I had fun putting all this together? hehe it said

"You found me you say?
Good work, but the game you must still play...
Go to the nearest store and use your blue card for some bubbly to pay. (I was nervous he was going to catch me setting up and thought it would be fun to involve a task for him to do to earn his reward lol)
When the job is done, text to me "FUN"
I will have your next clue, so hurry run!"

When he text me, I was so anxious for him to just get there and was worried about the food being cold but I could tell he was enjoying this and he was even sending me some rhymes back. I text him with his last clue, which unfortunately I accidentally erased! It was something along the lines of this..

"You've done fine but it's finally time.
By now I hope it's anticipation we both share, it's only fair.
You've done fine but now it's time.
Go to the Giant and don't be late for there it is that I wait."

Something like that. Anyway, when he showed up it was so much fun for the both of us. Me impressed and happy that everything went off without a hitch and Jeff that I went to all the trouble to do that for him/us. We enjoyed a lovely and delicious dinner of Chicken pesto melt sandwiches, broccoli salad, sliced apples with mocha fruit dip and in the wine glasses I bought at the dollar store for fun we had our favorite (next to red bull and cherry pepsi that is) diet Mt. Dew that Jeff bought on his way haha we sat and talked for a long time and enjoyed the beautiful weather and surroundings. For dessert I made one of those cakes you mix and cook in the microwave for 4 mins and it was pretty tasty. If you haven't done something like this with your sweetie or for your sweetie I would definitely recommend it!


the setup. I had originally planned to pack it all down to this small beach area of the park but due to time and weather issues I made things a little more cozy and used the back of the 4-runner.



me anxiously awaiting prince charming's arrival

i couldn't take a decent picture to save my life

2 comments:

  1. What a darling date!!! That is so stinking cute of you. I need to be more creative for sure. I'll have to try this one out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know there are many inappropriate comments I want to make sometimes, but I don't... You're welcome!=D

    ReplyDelete