6.10.2010

100 State Street

There's no place like home, there's no place like home. Click. click.

After arriving early thursday morning to Jeff's old apartment in CT we spent the next 2 days slowly moving all of my stuff first, then his stuff and then the big stuff to our new little apartment. Luckily it's only about 5 minutes away so it wasn't horrible and we had some awesome friends to help us. It was so exciting to finally get in there and I couldn't wait until we spent our first night there, our home and not at his apartment anymore. (No offense boys)
It took us about a week to get all settled, furniture set up, pictures hung on the walls and then the time came for shopping. And we shopped. Shopped 'til we dropped, for a good 3 days! Thanks to all of our awesome and generous family and friends we were able to use our wedding gift cards to buy the necessities for a home and even get some fun things like plants to help make it a little more homey.
We love our little house. We love that it's OURS. We love that we can do whatever we want and not worry about roommates. We love that we are both a little OCD and keep it spick and span. We love playing our music loud and wearing or not wearing whatever we want. It's so nice and so fun having your very own little house with all our own stuff; we are loving every minute of it.
Here are some pics of our little place. We are still moving things around and decorating but without further adiue...


moving in




It's nice to have men around





We have our own separate entrance which makes it feel more like a condo or duplex sort of thing rather than a large apartment complex, it's great



And now for the inside..!


this is my tiny but darling little kitchen. I was bummed out at first by the size but it's turned out to be the perfect amount space and storage for us and I love cooking and making sweets in there








our breakfast/dinner nook. Bob sets the mood for a great day or evening




Jeff's school/desk area


our awesome vaulted ceilings--hello 15ft christmas tree! ;)




Before he finished school and came home Jeff was able to get our table, couch and these book shelves for us

These next couple are our bathroom and bedroom















our surprisingly big walk in closet. we were excited

Like I said we love our little place and feel so lucky, it is quite a bit larger and nicer than some of our friends we have seen and we are paying close to the same or much less than some of them so we are very happy to be where we are! We also have a sweet pool that is right next to our house (now if they would just fill it and open it! they are finishing a renovation..), we do our laundry in a laundromat on site which is actually pretty fun for me and we have a little fitness center so we are feeling very much at home.


Last wednesday we had our friends Brad and Jane (Brad is a 3rd year PA student at QU and his wife Jane just graduated the NP program at QU a few months ago. they are both from SLC and in our ward) over for dinner for helping us move. It was fun to show off our little place and we planned a mexican style dinner. Jeff and I made pineapple chicken fajitas and spanish rice and they brought chips and guacamole and Horchata, mmm.. it was delicious and for dessert we had to die for tres leches cake with whipped topping and strawberries it was yummy! We ended the evening with 2 games of Yahtzee, which I won! It was awesome, I didn't even like the game when we started and then I kicked some serious trash. I think it's safe to say it's my new favorite game and you know I hung up my score card on the fridge ;)

7 comments:

  1. I love your house! It is so stinking cute!!! I love the brick wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home! Its cute! oh and i love reading your blog! you are so fun. I just laugh as i picture you telling me the story in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! We love it too! And thanks Adri haha I'm glad you like it. I'll keep em' coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you updated. I love reading your blog! Your new place is so cute, I love the white kitchen, brick wall... everything!!
    I am really sorry to see your little car all mangled up.
    The honeymoon looks like it was tons of fun. Keep the posts coming it's so fun to see what you newlyweds are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Oh I'm so glad you got your brick wall! And hey a smaller kitchen is always a good experience ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say?? CUTE!!!!! I love it, i love everything about it! Especially the brick inside and out! (And Bob!!) Love, love it! I especially love that you two are FINALLY home TOGETHER:) I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sister, I love, love, love your cute place! And love you guys too! Thanks again for meeting us in NY! I know it was a trek for you guys, but I am so happy we were able to hang out for a while! I'll get the pics to you soon. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete