6.14.2010

Concrete Jungle where Dreams are made of...

The week after we got to CT and got somewhat settled into our little place we made plans to meet Emily and Mitchell in NYC for the day while they would be in town. I also had my [first and only I might add ;)] job interview that morning so the day started off early. Jeff drove me down to the hospital where my interview was and then 4 hours later (yes it was a 4 hour interview.. yuck!) he came and picked me up and we raced to the train station where we made our train by minutes! My sweet guy had packed us a lunch and we sat and ate and chatted, I filled him in on the the interview and job, the good the bad and the ugly. When we got to the city we met Em and Mitch at the Rockefeller center and went up to the top of the building. So beautiful. I know it seems silly to call a city beautiful when it in no way can compare to the vast beauty and splendor of the mountains ( i miss them already!) but to look out from all four sides of the roof and see nothing but sprawling sky scrapers in every direction and the silky water of the coast, it is in it's own way beautiful. We had fun and I'm pretty sure no one person or group has ever gotten yelled at as much as we did on that "tour" but that only made it more fun. Just fyi if you plan on visiting the Rockefeller building/roof don't try and take a pretzel through security, don't try and sneak your own picture on the beam instead of paying $15 for one, and don't stand on the railing/fence when you get to the top!

We took our strolling around and then headed back to Soho and cleaned up at their hotel before going to dinner. We went to dinner at this quiet little pizza/pasta place in Soho and Mitch and Jeff kept us girls entertained. Jeff and I had the pleasure of (to Emily's dismay) seeing Mitch's hawk impression, it's exactly what it sounds like! We walked around looking for a little dessert place and enjoyed the beautiful night before Jeff and I grabbed a cab and headed to Grand Central to make our train home. Despite the busy and early start of the day we had a great time and were so glad we were able to make it to the big apple to see Em and Mitch. Thanks for a great day! We love you guys.










another sister picture, we love taking sister pictures


Time Square








we're a good looking bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment