6.14.2010

No longer a desperate housewife-- I got the job

Holla! No more top ramen for the Seares. Okay, of course we haven't been eating top ramen but it's funny to think back to a conversation Jeff and I had in cancun while on our honeymoon. We were enjoying ourselves by the pool and waiting for our drinks we just ordered to be delivered to us when we began talking about how glad we were that we went all out for our honeymoon and how much we were enjoying ourselves. We both decided we didn't want to go home and then laughed at the fact that we didn't have anything to go home to. No home, no job, no responsibility.. we were going to go home and then continue to vacation for the next week as we drove across the country. We both laughed at the fact that we were spending so much money when we had no income coming in and didn't know when we would. Ha that didn't rain on our parade one bit but we did laugh.

Fast forward to today when I got the call we have been anxiously waiting for (more so me, I feel so worthless sitting at home!) I got the job! WOOHOOOOO! I start monday and couldn't be more excited. (Except for the fact that it's my man's birthday... BUZKILL!) We will just have to celebrate all weekend and then the second I get home. Done and Done.

Anyway, it's a PCA (CNA) position on a medical oncology floor of the new Smilo Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven Hospital. I am very excited and think it will be a good change of pace from EKG and ED for me, also so more and different kinds of experience for me to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment