6.22.2010

27 years young. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFREY!


Yesterday June 21 was my handsome and sweet hubbie's 27th birthday! HeyOoooooooo!
I got up early to finish his birthday cake and somewhat make him breakfast before I unfortunately had to go to my first day of hospital orientation for my new job. :( I was so bummed and felt like such a crappy wife for having to leave him home alone on his birthday and I didn't even get to make him breakfast in bed. Oh well, I guess there is always next year...
When I got off work I rushed home and we hung out a little, I even let him open one of his presents before we went to dinner. (Okay, I just couldn't wait any longer!) We had a good dinner and then once again rushed home to open presents!
A few weeks back we had gone to the mall and he had looked and tried on a couple of pairs of shoes. These shoes all had a similar look and colors to them so when I went by myself I had a hard time picking out the ones he really liked. Well, I of course bought the wrong ones (he liked the ones I got but I guess over the weeks he had decided on the other pair instead little to my knowledge) so after his presents were open we decided to take a quick little trip down to the mall. We had a good time just walking around and being together and he eventually decided to keep the shoes so we hopped in the car and headed home for some cake!
When I asked Jeff what kind of birthday cake he wanted he said ice cream. I of course was all for it but definitely wasn't going to spend $15 plus dollars on a store bought ice cream cake, so after some research, brainstorming and a trip to bed bath and beyond for a spring form pan I made my own :) It was yummy and turned out much better than I had hoped! I was quite pleased with myself and Jeff was both excited and impressed. And although it didn't make up for me having to be gone for most of the day, we had a great time and I think he had a good day.


Presents!






House season 2


new shoes


new shirt to go with his nike shoes. "Looks like an outfit!" -Jeff


when I got home these balloons were tied to the porch, the sweet office manager of our apartment remembered it was Jeff's birthday and printed a card for him and tied the balloons to the porch. She is the best, thank you Joanne!

And now for the cake. Drum roll please....


he's excited!


I know I'm lame but I had to get a picture with my cake, I was just as excited


the birthday boy eating his cake on the special plate


it was as rich as it was delicious

Happy Birthday babe, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment