8.23.2010

Boston or Bust!

After working the last 4 weekends in a row and on the opposite schedule of Jeff I had about had it so friday night as we were leaving BNB I called the hospital and politely told them I was not coming in in the morning. We got up early saturday morning and headed to Boston! We stopped at the temple first and did some temple work, the boston temple is so beautiful and it was so nice to be able to go back together. It is a little strange not being able to have a handful of temples within an hours time of each other and I am beginning to really appreciate the members who do not live in Utah or the US for that matter and have to plan a day, week or whatever to be able to go to the temple rather than just taking a few hours out of their morning, afternoon or evening. I am so thankful to be worthy of going inside the temple and more importantly to have a loving and devoted priesthood holder to take me there. Not being able to go to the temple anytime I want has really made me appreciate more the importance and blessings of the temple. We are very lucky to be able to have the Boston temple just 2 hours north and the Manhattan temple about 1 1/2 hours south and I am looking forward to attending both of them as regularly as is possible for Jeff and I.



After leaving the temple we headed for the city. Boston is such a unique, charming little (BIG) place and I was instantly in-love. I was taken by the seaport atmosphere mixed with all of the history and awesome old buildings and cemetaries. Jeff and I had such a fun time walking the "Freedom Trail" hand in hand and stopping to read, discuss and take pictures of all the historical sites. Of course the first 5 minutes from the car my flip flop decided to split down the middle and Jeff was too embarrassed to walk with me any further walking like I had on flippers so we headed across the street and I got these $10 beauties thanks to CVS pharmacy.



After that we may have caught a shopping bug and when we spotted an H&M we might have got off course and shopped a bit. Boston was surprisingly chilly despite the reported 80 degree weather they were supposed to be having so we may or may not have bought matching zip up hoodies. Cause were cute like that. And because we were in Boston on the warf we had to have some seafood. We decided a lobster roll and lobster bisque soup would do the job and it was so good! The soup anyway, I don't think I have made my mind up about the lobster roll yet, Jeffrey quite liked it but we both agreed the bisque was to die for. We had the perfect day and may have already started planning for another weekend trip soon, next time we'll stay a night or two there is so much we want to do still.






street dancers we stopped to watch










Jeffrey eating his first lobster roll







2 comments:

  1. You were right girl! I love it! But i'm mostly loving the cemetery!!! Now that I'd be interested to traipse around! So perfectly SPOOKY mwahahaha;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun. I spent a summer in Boston with a bunch of girl friends. We were all about 20. We loved every minute of it. Boston quickly became one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete