8.14.2010

Good times and suntan lines

We had a perfect weekend. I could really say that and be done but I will gladly elaborate :)
We were both fortunate to have friday off and after Jeff woke up in the evening (he worked all night) we got up and got out of the house. We were on the schedule to clean the church this week so we decided to go and knock our portion out so we wouldn't have to worry about it. It was actually kinda fun and we got a lot done in the time we were there. On our way out of the church parking lot I said "Aren't you glad I signed us up to clean the church?" to which Jeff's reply was "You did this to us?!" haha we really did have fun and I am glad our turn is over for now.
After the church business we set off to Bed Bath and Beyond to help curb our retail cravings. Nothing like a little retail therapy.. I honestly don't even remember what we bought but it was fun to spend some money. Sick I know. We of course ended up at Taco Bell for dinner, Yum and got a little ice-cream for dessert. We laugh and say that if nothing else we will always have Taco Bell and Peanut butter in common. Weirdos!
Saturday we got up early and headed to "the mountain" in CT. The only one I have ever seen anyway and it's hardly a mountain by Utah standards but it is beautiful and it was nice to be outdoors. It's actually called the Sleeping Giant and oddly enough is literally right across the street from the main QU campus. We went on a short and fun little hike and hung out at the top where they had this really cool castle looking building with fire pits and a picnic table, I quickly started making plans for another trip up there when I saw that. Poor Jeffrey, he could just see the wheels turning in my head. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed the time we had to just hang out with one another. After coming down the trail we headed across the street to QU and played tennis. I am happy to report that there were no ill feelings from either one of us this tennis lesson. I am definitely still sucking but am getting the hang of being in control and learning to set up and be ready for the ball. A few more times out and we will be squaring off in no time! I had to work that evening so we headed home and while I was getting ready for work my love made me a delicious lunch and packed my dinner for me. Love him!


The Sleeping Giant. (Left to right) Head, chest, knees, feet






1 comment: