4.22.2010

My surprise EKG going away party!

I seriously have the best co-workers anyone could ask for! I received a text last night telling me I would not need to make a lunch for work today and I should bring my camera, if I wanted :). When I got to work this morning there was quite a bustle going already, it continued most of the day and the hushed conversations became more frequent among the ones that abruptly stopped altogether when I walked into the room. There was a lot of body positioning going on as well to hide certain items and many big smiles were shot my way. I was getting excited and anxious needless to say and was relieved when Kem grabbed my hand and finally led me to the conference room where everyone was waiting. They had a lovely (and huge) lunch set out and a scrapbook page on the table that everyone had signed for me. So sweet! We had a great time talking, eating and going over all the exciting wedding/moving plans in my very near future.


Lunch EKG style. Just doing what we do best!




Mar posing with the beautiful bouquet of flowers they gave to me and the dessert table.
(Funny side story- Yesterday at work Juett was saying how she was on a baking craze and needed to make something that night. She quickly asked me for some good ideas. I have as most of you know been off sweets (sugar in general) for a few months now but have an obsession with baking blogs and baking myself. I figured out I eat with my eyes instead of my mouth. It's not quite as satisfying but its close enough and it sure helps to maintain my girlish figure ha! So I told her I know what I would make and quickly printed the recipe for her. It was for a chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake with caramel and hot fudge sauce. Hello! I said if I could eat any sweet right now it would be that! Well, guess who fell into Juett's sneaky little trick like a real sucker!? Needless to say, after my delicious lunch I treated myself and had a piece of the most delicious chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake with extra hot fudge and caramel and it was soo worth it!)






Me with the party planner


Can't take her anywhere! ;)


Pretty ladies, minus a few!


I am going to miss this.


The scrapbook page they made and signed for me



I have been so lucky to have such a great job and great friends/coworkers! I have made some lifelong friends and let's not forget that's where I met my one and only Jeffrey! It has taught me so many things and opened some great doors for me as far as experience goes. I am proud to say I have been an EKG tech and an IHC employee. I am going to miss so many things about my job and hope to find something as equally fun and challenging in CT. I am going to miss my EKG lab and coworkers, they have been my family for the past 2 years! Thank you guys for everything you have done for me and Jeff!

2 comments:

  1. Ok so love the post but please I look huge in those pictures.... Yikees! Love ya girl, glad you were surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to pretend you didn't say that! I love the pic of you with the flowers, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete