4.18.2010

The Seare/Sorenson bridal shower!

After the race I ran home and cleaned myself up in a fury and was unfortunately still late... to my own bridal shower. HOW RUDE! I know, I know. In my defense it was a hard place to find and I'm already pathetic when it comes to finding addresses, yes even in Utah the home of the brilliant grid system. (Don't worry Jeff is planning on getting me a GPS for my car when I get out to CT!) Anyway, back to the story.. I showed up 20 minutes late and no one even seemed to notice! I was greeted at the door with open arms, warm hugs and smiling faces.

Unfortunately, my mom was out of town but Abbie was able to come to the shower and meet Jeff's family and they likewise got to meet her. There were some familiar faces and some new faces but I was so happy to see and meet them all again. We had a delicious lunch and went around introducing ourselves to the group and telling our connection to Jeffrey. (The Seares and Sorensons did a combined family like my family did) It was a lot of fun and they asked me to tell the stories of how we met and our engagement story, my favorite story to tell! Then after more visiting and fun stories about how much they all just adore Jeff and what a great man I am getting (also my favorite to hear) we opened presents. They were so generous and gave Jeff and I some amazing gifts. It was really nice to be with them all and have their love and support. They are both amazing families and I am so blessed to be able to be apart of their families. Here are some pics Ab snapped at the party.


Sister, Ab and I and my awesome bakeware set!


Can you say Pyrex glassware with lids? I hate cooking/baking can't you tell?! ;)


Jeff's Aunt Annette pre-scrapbooked this book for us so all we have to do is add our wedding pictures. I am so excited, I suck at scrap booking and this one is so beautiful inside! Can't wait to fill it up.


Grandma Sorenson and I


Some of the ladies, Jeff's cousin Laci is in the yellow dress and everyone thinks we could be twins! She had quite a few people introduce themselves to her before I got to the shower! So funny and neither of us see the resemblance haha


This is the "red plate tradition" my first Seare family tradition! My sweet mother-in-law bought this and had it shipped so that I would be able to get it at my shower. It reads You are Special Today and it is to be used for that special person on special days. I was so touched and am honored to be a part of my first family tradition!


All the Seare girls together!


We are sisters.


Me with all the Seare ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment